Marrakech to Essaouira day trip
Marrakech to Essaouira day trip
Do you have a free day in Marrakech and interested in taking a full-day trip? Well, Our Morocco Tours team offers a Marrakech to Essaouira day trip to visit the old and coastal town of Essaouira. Our day trip from Marrakech to Essaouira will offer you a lot to see on the road such as; taking pictures of the goats on top of trees, and exploring local women’s cooperatives making argan oils, soap and masks. Moreover, the day trip from Marrakech to Essaouira allows you to visit the medina of Essaouira, Jewish quarters, and the old port and have walks on the beautiful beach.
Highlights of the Marrakech to Essaouira day trip
- Explore the UNESCO-listed Medina of Essaouira, a charming walled city with narrow streets, white-washed buildings, and blue accents.
- Wander through the lively souks, where you can shop for local crafts, textiles, and artwork.
- Admire the cannons along the fortifications and soak in the maritime atmosphere.
- Explore the bustling Essaouira port, where you can witness local fishermen at work and see the vibrant activity around the fishing boats.
Suggested itinerary for a day trip from Marrakech to Essaouira
More info about the Marrakech to Essaouira day trip:
This Marrakech to Essaouira day trip is a perfect choice for people who have no much time in Morocco.
We pick up you from your riad and we transfer you to the coastal fishing port of Essaouira. We also visit a women’s Argan oil cooperative on the way.
Marrakech to Essaouira day trip towards Essaouira on the Atlantic Coast. Once we reach Essaouira, we explore the best sites and historical sites. We explore also its colonial harbour, which is a sensational example of colonial and Moorish architecture. Enjoy the Essaouira excursion with a local city guide we will visit the Mellah and the port. After we visit all the best and interesting sites of the city, you will enjoy the local beach of Essaouira then later afternoon we will drive back to Marrakech with a stop to visit the Argan Oil Cooperative. We will drop you off at your accommodation in Marrakech, where the Marrakech to Essaouira day trip finishes.
⇒ For any other service, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to organize it for you.
Included in the Marrakech to Essaouira day trip
- Pick up/drop off at your accommodation.
- Private trip from Marrakech in an A/C vehicle.
- English-speaking driver/guide.
- Optional camel ride on the beach.
- Argan oil cooperative visit.
- Free time to explore Essaouira and its main interesting attractions.
Other Marrakech day trips
Fes Merzouga tours
Casablanca Morocco tours
Agadir desert tours
Tangier desert tours
Merzouga desert activities
Frequently asked questions:
Yes, it is absolutely possible to do a day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech. Essaouira is located about 175 kilometers (approximately 109 miles) west of Marrakech, making it a feasible destination for a day excursion.
Yes, Essaouira is definitely worth visiting! This coastal gem in Morocco offers a unique and charming experience that sets it apart from other cities in the country.
- Shared group tours can range from approximately $30 to $60 USD per person. This usually includes transportation to and from Essaouira.
- Private tours with a dedicated driver or guide are generally more expensive. Prices can vary widely, starting from around $80 to $150 USD per person or more, depending on the level of customization, the quality of the vehicle, and additional inclusions.
Certainly! Essaouira, located on Morocco’s Atlantic coast, is a special destination for several reasons:
Historic Charm: The town’s historic Medina, recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site, features narrow streets, white-washed buildings, and blue accents, creating a visually stunning and atmospheric setting from the late 18th century.
Coastal Beauty: Essaouira boasts a beautiful coastal location with a long sandy beach and expansive views of the Atlantic Ocean. The town’s fresh sea air, the soothing sound of waves, and picturesque surroundings make it a tranquil and visually striking destination.
Relaxed Ambiance: Compared to bustling cities like Marrakech, Essaouira offers a laid-back and relaxed atmosphere. Visitors can enjoy unhurried walks through the historic Medina, along the beach, and in the town’s artistic